Let us know how to get back to you.
Please complete the following information regarding the sponsoring organization (Ex: BBYO and or others that may be providing you with a stipend or scholarship) and specific costs for the trip.
Please itemize your income and expenses for the trip. For income, please include any other scholarships for which you have applied, indicating which have already been awarded and those that are still pending. For expenses, please include travel, board, books, spending money, insurance fees, etc.
• This grant process is needs based. This means that those who demonstrate the greatest need for a scholarship will be given consideration so that they may have the opportunity to participate on the March of the Living trip.
• Please describe any extenuating circumstances that the committee should consider in evaluating your application (for example: parent's loss of a job or other financial or personal family challenges or hardships that make it difficult to afford to attend the March of the Living trip).
• Answers may be very brief and in one sentence as long as you answer each question.
• Please keep your total statement to 500 words or less.
(1) Why do you want to participate on the March of the Living and travel to Israel?
(2) What do you expect to gain from your trip?
(3) What extra-curricular activities in the Jewish and general communities do you participate in and what leadership roles, if any, have you assumed in relation to these activities?
(4) What impact (if any) has your participation in these activities had on you and the organization?
(5) How would you hope to benefit the Jewish community on your return from the March of the Living and Israel experience?
(6) What do you intend to do when you return from the trip to help others understand the lessons of the Holocaust and other important experiences you had on the trip?
(7) Please include a statement of your agreement to in some way (Examples: written or oral presentation to your class, a senior group, your synagogue, a paragraph for the Community Review, Kol Central PA, Facebook, or in another media or venue ) share a brief story and perhaps photos of your experience on the trip.
(8) Who in your life has influenced your desire to participate on this trip to Poland and Israel?
I understand all materials are confidential. They will remain the property of JCF and cannot be returned.
I understand that I am not eligible to be considered for an award if my application is incomplete.
I understand that the information I disclose in this application will determine my eligibility for an award and may be shared with members of the committee for award selection.
I understand that all awards are subject to the JCF of CP Gesher L’Machar – March of the Living Fund policies of JCF. These policies are available for review upon request.
I certify that all information provided is complete and accurate to the best of my knowledge. If requested, I agree to furnish proof of the information I have submitted.